This is a project I did for my mom for her quilting room. She sent me pictures of a quilt she had made for her church, and wanted me to duplicate the patten. I wanted to do something bold and colorful, while incorporating florals, a pattern already used in the space. Below is the step-by-step process of how I created it along with the finish product hanging in her room. She loved it, and I hope to use this pattern for many other projects.
First, I glued all of the napkins to 4.25" square pieces of foam board.
Next, I glued down the background and attached the foam board pieces with hot glue.
I applied the outer border first, and wrapped the edges around the sides of the canvas.
Then, I cut an inner border out of foam board and applied napkins to it.
Last, I glued the inner border which finished the piece. It looks perfect in her room!

No comments:
Post a Comment